Interim Executive Director
The Missoula Community Foundation (Foundation) seeks a seasoned leader who can offer administrative, financial and management oversight as Interim Executive Director.
Overview of Foundation: The mission of the Foundation is to enhance community vitality by inspiring philanthropy and strengthening nonprofits. Our vision is a thriving and inclusive community.
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity created by and for the people of Missoula and overseen by a Board of Directors (Board). Since 2001, we have awarded more than $1.3 million in grants and scholarships to improve the lives of those in our town. Each year, we help donors reach their philanthropic goals, nonprofits achieve their missions, and students attend higher education.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we provide grants to nonprofits that fund education, housing, healthcare, the arts, the environment, and more. We are the only organization focused solely on protecting and preserving all of Missoula’s assets, for today and for future generations.
We are seeking someone to oversee the day-to-day operations; guide staff; cultivate and maintain productive relationships with community partners and donors; review and make recommendations regarding programs and operational systems; and represent the Foundation to the community at large.
Reports to: Board of Directors
– Work with Board and staff to contact, develop, maintain, and improve relationships with donors
– Oversee and assess finances, programs, and fundraising goals
– Keep finances and revenue generation on track by successfully fundraising to meet 2019 budgeting goals
– Engage the Board in the Foundation’s mission and work effectively with them to clarify vision and to set strategy and policy to accomplish and evaluate measurable goals and objectives
– Assist Board and staff in planning for the transition to the permanent Executive Director
– Complete additional duties as requested by Board Chairperson
Skills and Experience: The following skills and experience are preferred to successfully fulfill the duties/responsibilities of the Interim Executive Director’s position:
– Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant experience
– Effective management and fundraising skills
– Strong relationship-building skills
– Strong, dynamic leadership abilities
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Confident, articulate, and professional speaking abilities, both one-on-one and for large groups
– Experience working collaboratively with boards, executives, nonprofit organizations and foundations
– A commitment to philanthropy and the mission of the Foundation
Position Duration: The Interim Executive Director position is anticipated to be a 12-month commitment. Six months into the Interim Executive Director’s term the search for a permanent Executive Director will begin.
Salary and Benefits: This is an employee position. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Working Conditions: The average weekly hourly commitment is negotiable; full-time is preferred. Weekend and evening hours may be required.
Physical Demands: May require extended periods of time sitting, standing while presenting materials. Full or substantial capability to see, to hear and to be mobile required for the interim period. Able and willing to help organize the Foundation office and production gear. May necessitate lifting boxes up to 50lbs.
– Send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and a list of references to:
or mail to:
Missoula Community Foundation
Interim ED Search
P.O. Box 8806
Missoula, MT 59807
Missoula Community Foundation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.