No opportunities at this time
Missoula Community News Listserv
An email announcement list for the progressive, alternative and nonprofit communities in Missoula and Western Montana. To subscribe, visit http://bigskynet.org/mailman/listinfo/missoula-community-news_bigskynet.org
Missoula Nonprofit Network
Send your events, grants, employment and volunteer opportunities etc. to email@example.com to be featured in their newsletter. If you’d like to receive the weekly newsletter, send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This website lets organizations list and describe volunteer opportunities available at their organization. Community members can then head to the wesbite and find volunteer opportunities that suit them and their skill set.
The Mission of WMFRA is to foster the development and growth of fundraising executives and fundraising volunteers, and to advance the profession of fundraising and the institution of philanthropy in Western Montana.
Humanities Montana is an independent nonprofit organization that provides grants and programs on history, literature, Native American cultures, and more all over the state of Montana.
The Montana Community Foundation offers a number of competitive grant opportunities for qualified organizations.
Keeping Wealth in Montana is a study commissioned by MCF to explore the enormous transfer of wealth occurring in Montana.
The Montana Healthcare Foundation makes grants to improve the health and well-being of all Montanans.
MNA offers organizational development opportunities and resources to help with everything from board development and personnel, to fundraising and evaluation; as well as an extensive nonprofit job board and grant station. Membership provides access to a wide range of benefits including advocacy efforts, enhanced insurance and discount products, educational trainings, research reports, networking opportunities, and more.
- Facebook Resources for Non-profits provides guidance and tools to engage supporters, reach new audiences (including through ads), and raise funds.
- HubSpot is an inbound marketing platform. HubSpot’s blogs offer a wealth of smart, valuable tips that any organization can apply to their marketing strategy.
- Through a variety of workshops, blog articles, and webinars, the Storytelling Nonprofit offers excellent advice about how you can communicate and make meaningful connections with your donors through stories.
- Boardsource is a resource for excellence in nonprofit governance and board and staff leadership, including best practices for board recruitment, transparency, and advocacy.
- The Disaster Philanthropy Playbook is a collection of strategies, stories and resources compiled from submissions from grantmakers in order to advance understanding of how the philanthropic sector can implement preparedness practices for or respond to a disaster striking within their communities.
- National Council on Nonprofits keeps nonprofits informed and empowered to create a positive public policy environment that best supports nonprofits in advancing their missions. It produces and curates tools, resources, and samples for nonprofits.
- Network for Good offers fundraising software and services, but also provides free marketing and fundraising webinars and e-books, plus their blog is filled with useful tips and best practices.
- Part nonprofit university, part curated newsfeed and podcast, Nonprofit Hub is an online educational community dedicated to giving nonprofits everything they need to better their organizations and communities.
- Designed for the Global South and open to all, the free Philanthropy University blends expert instruction and engaging content on an easy-to-use digital learning platform.
- The IRS offers a wealth of financial information, included the 990 Form and filing tips.
- The Wallace Foundation houses a financial knowledge center featuring information for non-profit financial management, including guides for topics as budget development, managing cash flow, governance, and addressing financial uncertainty.
- The Classy blog talks about all things nonprofit development. You can learn how to buff up your online, peer-to-peer, and event fundraising and marketing strategies. Also check out their free downloadable guides, webinars, and case studies.
- Foundation Center provides news and research about philanthropy in general, tools for finding funders, and online tutorials for everything from proposal writing to nonprofit management.
- The Fundraising Authority offers a range of fundraising how-to’s and pointers. Find articles that touch on fundraising basics, direct mail tactics, and donor cultivation to get your nonprofit off the ground. Whether you’re a small or large organization, you can be sure to find content that applies to your fundraising efforts.
- Guidestar is the most comprehensive online database of information on nonprofits across the country, including foundations.
- The Planned Giving Design Center provides services designed to assist gift planners in implementing gifts. The website has case studies, articles, news, and tools that include an online calculator that computes sample charitable deductions for charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, charitable gift annuities, and retained life estate agreements.
- Blackbaud provides software solutions for fundraising and CRM, marketing, advocacy, and more. But the company also offers free resources to nonprofits, including white papers, industry trends, research, and a gift range calculator.
- The Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society maintains an impressive database of publications, digital texts and websites and is one of the best locations available for research on issues in multicultural philanthropy. It is produced by the Graduate Center of the City University of New York.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy covers issues pertaining to the non-profit sector. Non-subscribers may view some articles, resources, and tools. A subscription offers unlimited access to checklists, templates, and how-to guides; free access to GrantStation’s database; and articles on nonprofit trends and ideas.
- The Nonprofit Quarterly offers nonprofits a range of topics regarding news and trends, organizational management, and development. Find relevant information on everything from current political events to discussions about financial management.
- The Foundation Center’s daily news service, Philanthropy News Digest rounds up tons of articles from the philanthropic sector. The website also publishes job openings at foundations and nonprofits, as well as daily requests for proposals (RFP) listings—current funding opportunities offered by foundations or other grantmakers. Also check out the site’s opinion and commentary blog, PhilanTopic, for more philanthropy-related content.
- The Women’s Philanthropy Institute increases understanding of women’s philanthropy through rigorous research and education—interpreting and sharing their insights broadly to improve philanthropy.
- National Technology Network is a community of nonprofit professionals working to use technology effectively to achieve their missions. Here you can find a range of nonprofit benchmarks and reports regarding technology usage in the sector, as well as other resources about how to infuse technology into your organizational strategy.
- Techsoup connects nonprofits with tech products and services, plus learning resources to make informed decisions about technology. Once registered, nonprofits and libraries can access donated and discounted products and services from partners like Microsoft, Adobe, Cisco, Intuit, and Symantec.