Apply for Funding
Missoula is a vibrant and healthy community because of the network of nonprofits that take care of our people, animals, and environment. To keep nonprofits strong, we offer a variety of funding opportunities.
We offer capacity-building grants to support the cost of hiring local consultants to facilitate discussions related to strategic planning, financial sustainability planning, governance, and other systems support.
Using a two-step approach, MPNE’s grant program will provide guidance and support for an organization’s board of directors and staff to:
1. Assessment Award: Participate in a comprehensive organizational assessment to determine the nonprofit’s strengths, weaknesses, and priorities for improvement. The process is facilitated by an experienced local nonprofit consultant who provides a written report of findings and recommendations.
2. Project Award: Retain a consultant to assist the organization to undertake and complete a capacity building project that addresses a priority need identified through the assessment process.
Missoula Project for Nonprofit Excellence 2019-2021 Timeline
Wednesday, October 9th, 12pm: Nonprofit and consultant informational webinar. Participation in webinar or in-person session is mandatory for nonprofits to apply. Click here to RSVP for the webinar>>
Monday, October 18th: Readiness assessment survey due by midnight.
Thursday, November 8th: Assessment Award applications due by midnight.
Friday, December 20th: Assessment Award grantees notified.
Week of January 13-24th:Awardee & Consultant Orientation and signing of grant agreement.
February 1st-May 1st: Assessments conducted.
Friday, June 26th: Final report due to grantee.
Week of July 6-10th: Phase 2, Project Grant Orientation Session
July 10 -August 31st: Project Grant Request application period.
Mid September: Project Grants awarded.
October: Project grants underway.
May 31st: Phase 2 Projects completed.
December: Final reports from grantees.
- Watch the informational webinar in October. See details above. Click here to RSVP
- Click here to complete the Capacity-building Assessment Self Survey (CASS) by Monday, October 22nd at midnight.
- Senior Consultant will evaluate completed surveys and will evaluate nonprofits’ readiness to participate in the program. Email and phone follow-up may be required before inviting an organization to apply.
- Assessment award applications are due on Thursday, November 8th by midnight.
- Applicants will be notified whether or not you are accpeted to the program during the week of December 17th.
We offer a handful of small grants from $500 to $2,500 to help nonprofits with operational support and with discrete projects, like capital campaigns; and also for community beautification initiatives.
Deadline: Applications for 2019 grants will open in September. Stay tuned for more information.
The Women’s Giving Circle is administered by MissoulaCF in partnership with the Montana Women’s Foundation but run by its members. In 2019, it will grant up to $10,000 to a qualifying nonprofit.
The 2019 grant cycle is open and will go to a nonprofit that benefits the environment.
Please contact Nikki Robb at the Missoula Community Foundation with any questions at (406) 926-2846.
Missoula Gives is a community-wide fundraiser that promotes philanthropy among all Missoulians. Participating nonprofits receive fundraising and marketing tools and training, have the chance to win prize money from sponsors, and raise awareness and dollars among new donors.
Event Date: April 30-May 1, 2020
Deadline for nonprofits to register: TBA