We offer capacity-building grants to support the cost of hiring local consultants to facilitate discussions related to strategic planning, financial sustainability planning, governance, and other systems support.
Using a two-step approach, MPNE’s grant program will provide guidance and support for an organization’s board of directors and staff to:
1. Assessment Award: Participate in a comprehensive organizational assessment to determine the nonprofit’s strengths, weaknesses, and priorities for improvement. The process is facilitated by an experienced local nonprofit consultant who provides a written report of findings and recommendations.
2. Project Award: Retain a consultant to assist the organization to undertake and complete a capacity building project that addresses a priority need identified through the assessment process.
Missoula Project for Nonprofit Excellence 2019-2021 Timeline
Wednesday, October 9th, 12pm: Nonprofit and consultant informational webinar. Participation in webinar or in-person session is mandatory for nonprofits to apply. Click here to RSVP for the webinar>>
Monday, October 18th: Readiness assessment survey due by midnight.
Thursday, November 8th: Assessment Award applications due by midnight.
Friday, December 20th: Assessment Award grantees notified.
Week of January 13-24th: Awardee & Consultant Orientation and signing of grant agreement.
February 1st-May 1st: Assessments conducted.
Friday, June 26th: Final report due to grantee.
Week of July 6-10th: Phase 2, Project Grant Orientation Session
July 10 -August 31st: Project Grant Request application period.
Mid September: Project Grants awarded.
October: Project grants underway.
May 31st: Phase 2 Projects completed.
December: Final reports from grantees.
- Watch the informational webinar in October. See details above. Click here to RSVP
- Click here to complete the Capacity-building Assessment Self Survey (CASS) by Monday, October 22nd at midnight.
- Senior Consultant will evaluate completed surveys and will evaluate nonprofits’ readiness to participate in the program. Email and phone follow-up may be required before inviting an organization to apply.
- Assessment award applications are due on Thursday, November 8th by midnight.
- Applicants will be notified whether or not you are accpeted to the program during the week of December 17th.