We offer capacity-building grants to support the cost of hiring local consultants to facilitate discussions related to strategic planning, financial sustainability planning, governance, and other systems support.
Using a two-step approach, MPNE’s grant program will provide guidance and support for an organization’s board of directors and staff to:
1. Assessment Award: Participate in a comprehensive organizational assessment to determine the nonprofit’s strengths, weaknesses, and priorities for improvement. The process is facilitated by an experienced local nonprofit consultant who provides a written report of findings and recommendations.
2. Project Award: Retain a consultant to assist the organization to undertake and complete a capacity building project that addresses a priority need identified through the assessment process.
Missoula Project for Nonprofit Excellence 2018-2019 Timeline
Tuesday, October 9th, 4pm: Nonprofit and consultant informational webinar. Participation in webinar or in-person session is mandatory for nonprofits to apply. Click here to RSVP for the webinar>>
Wednesday, October 10th, 12pm: Nonprofit and consultant information session at the Missoula Public Library. Click here to RSVP for the in-person session>>
Monday, October 22nd: Readiness assessment survey due by midnight.
Thursday, November 15: Assessment Award applications due by midnight.
Week of December 17: Assessment Award grantees notified.
Week of January 28th: Awardee & Consultant Orientation and signing of grant agreement.
February 1st-May 1st: Assessments conducted.
June 28th: Final report due to grantee.
July 8-August 31: Project Grant Award application period.
Mid September: Project Grants awarded.
October 2019-March 2020: Project grants underway.
- Attend the mandatory informational session or webinar in early-mid October. See details above. Click here to RSVP for either session>>
- Click here to complete the Capacity-building Assessment Self Survey (CASS) by Monday, October 22nd at midnight.
- Grants Coordinator will evaluate completed surveys and will evaluate nonprofits’ readiness to participate in the program. Email and phone follow-up may be required before inviting an organization to apply.
- Assessment award applications are due on Thursday, November 15th by midnight.
- Grants coordinator will conduct interviews with applicants between November 20th-December 8th.
- Applicants will be notified during the week of December 17th.